Discover Cayuga Lake Boat Tours
Since 2003, Discover Cayuga Lake (formerly known as the Cayuga Lake Floating Classroom) has provided hands-on learning opportunities in the interest of sustaining our Finger Lakes waterways for future generations. We offer Eco-Cruises on Cayuga Lake (May-October), Floating Classroom experiences doing science on the lake for grades 5 and up, Trout in the Classroom programs, and a variety of stream-based field trips. Our boat, the MV Teal is based out of the Allan H. Treman State Park Marina in Ithaca, NY. We serve communities throughout the Cayuga Lake watershed, and we conduct additional educational activities throughout the broader region. Our non-profit work is guided by the following values:
• Community. We prioritize community concerns and local resources.
• Local Learning. We focus on local ecosystems and community services.
• Direct Experience. We emphasize active, hands-on learning opportunities.
• Equal Access. We provide opportunities regardless of culture or income.
• Citizen Science. Program participants generate and share useful data.