Jobs and Internships
Below is a list of all currently available jobs.
VIDEO NEWS EDITOR
Posted on 8/30/2022
We are looking for a full-time Video News Editor to edit our weekday newscasts. You will also run the CG/Graphics system (Ross XPression) for the 6 and 10 p.m. shows and...
WEEKEND DIRECTOR/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR/PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Posted on 8/30/2022
WICZ-TV – Fox 40 News is looking for a full-time Director/Technical Director to direct our weekend newscasts. You will work as a nightside production assistant three days a week and...
WEEKDAY NEWSCAST DIRECTOR/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Posted on 8/30/2022
WICZ-TV – Fox 40 News is looking for a full-time Director/Technical Director to direct our weekday newscasts. You will also supervise the production crew and oversee cross-training. Experience with the Ross ecosystem (Carbonite Ultra, Tria Duet Express, Xpression, and Inception) and....
ADVERTISING SALES SPECIALIST
We are seeking an Advertising Sales Specialist that will be responsible for managing existing accounts while seeking and establishing new partnerships with small and large local, regional and national accounts. This position is an outside sales position with uncapped commission, full benefits and a competitive compensation plan.
We are a media company that includes television and a full-service digital advertising agency. We strive to continuously evolve, adapt and be on the leading edge of new technologies and strategies. Digital products and services include display, social, video, OTT, SEO, SEM, website development and much more.
Our comprehensive benefits package to full time employees includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, FSA accounts and additional perks that are included with our current office location.
• Seeking potential clients via cold-calling local, regional and national accounts in per-person visits around the greater Binghamton area.
• A continuous follow-up to build strong relationships and management of accounts
• Ability to listen to clients needs and develop campaigns that help their business achieve their goals.
• Build proposals with accurate pricing and value while completing the full-cycle sale
• Thrives off individual and team successes
• Excellent time management & organizational skills
• Positive attitude, excellent social skills and desire to excel
• Work in a fast-paced sales environment
• Persistence and able to handle rejection
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Motivated by the opportunity to be part of a fast moving, entrepreneurial team
• Tech savvy, with working experience with Google and/or Microsoft Suite
• Candidates must be self-motivated, creative and must have a passion for business and helping others
If you are interested in applying for this position, please rush your resume and cover letter to JP Costello, Local Sales Manager at [email protected]
(Posted on 8/1/2022)
- Who does the position report to? Suh Neubauer, News Director
- What are the key responsibilities of the role? Anchor and produce the 6 pm and 10 pm weekday newscasts
- Produce and anchor the 6 and 10 pm newscasts
- Write and anchor daily news teases
- Work with the assignment editor and news director daily stories, advancers and folo pieces.
- Approve reporter packages and vo/sots and proofread stories for the web
- A minimum of two years of on-air experience as a reporter or anchor in a television newsroom
- Previous anchor and reporting experience in a small-medium market or as an associate producer/writer in a big market.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel and Adobe Acrobat,
- Knowledge of Premiere Pro and LiveU strongly preferred
WEEKDAY DAYSIDE MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST
(Posted on 1/31/2022)
WICZ-TV - FOX 40 News is looking for a full-time dayside weekday Multimedia Journalist. We are looking for someone with a passion for news and visual storytelling. We are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude who enjoys working as a team.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
Write, shoot, edit daily stories
Produce and promote content on social media
Work well under pressure and meet daily deadlines
Strong news and editorial judgment
Communicate regularly with the assignment desk on the status of your story.
Participate in AM editorial meetings
Pitch two story ideas each day
Write and update news stories for web
Operate a company vehicle to assignments
Ability to manage multiple assignments
Knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel law
Perform other duties as assigned
Must be flexible with schedule and hours
If you are interested in applying for this position, please rush your resume, cover letter and a link to your reel to Suh Neubauer, News Director at [email protected].
We always accept resumes even if no positions are currently available. Resumes are kept on file and in the event a job opening becomes available they will be reviewed at that time. Please send your resume with the attn: to the appropriate dept below.
FOX 40 WICZ TV
4600 Vestal Parkway
Vestal NY 13850
We offer internships year-round (Fall, Winter, Summer, & Spring Semesters). Interns will assist with the the production of the 10 o'clock evening broadcast. Duties will range from (but are not limited to) assisting / shadowing reporters with field and in-house work, writing for the web and social media and generating story ideas.
Students must receive credit for the internship through an accredited college or university. Must be at least a sophomore to apply.
If you are interested in an internship please email your resume and cover letter to Suh Neubauer, News Director at [email protected].
FOX 40 WICZ TV is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If your community group or organization disseminates employment information to its members or to the general public, and you would like to be notified for each full-time opening at WICZ, please send your organization’s name, mailing address, phone and fax numbers, contact person’s name, and the contact’s email address to Vernon Rowlands at [email protected]. If you only want to receive notices for specific categories of employment, please list those in the email.