No One Injured in Afternoon Vestal Fire
Monday, January 18th 2016, 6:44 PM EST
By Jason Weinstein.
A scare for a Vestal resident Monday afternoon as his thermostat started a fire at his home.
Fire crews responded to 321 Anderson Road just before 12:30 Monday afternoon. fire officials say a faulty thermostat caused a fire in a wall of the home. The resident left the home and by the time the first crew arrived about five minutes later the fire had put itself out.
"We got a report of a fire in the wall. Upon arrival we found there was a fire that started in the thermostat and it was contained to the thermostat. The fire was basically out by the time we got here," said Walt Schlundt of the Vestal Fire Department.
Fire officials say only one person was home at the time of the fire.