Fire Destroys Mobile Home, Injures Homeowner
One man is hospitalized after a fire destroys his mobile home. Firefighters were called to the Post Trailer Park in Apalachin just after one Wednesday afternoon.
They say when they arrived on scene the home was fully engulfed in flames. Apalachin Fire Chief Mike George says the Vestal and Campville Fire Departments were on scene assisting and it took a little over an hour to put out the blaze. He says a husband and wife were living at the trailer and that the fire completely destroyed the home.
"The homeowner was home at the time. It appears he was trying to thaw out some pipes underneath his home and subsequently caught the other side of the trailer on fire," said Fire Chief Mike George, Apalachin Fire Department.
The Fire Chief says the man was taken to Wilson Hospital for evaluation and the Red Cross was assisting the couple in finding a place to live.