• Home

UPDATE: Building With Carbon Monoxide Leak Condemned

Posted: Updated:
ENDICOTT, N.Y. -

Endicott Fire has told Fox 40 that three or four people were sent to the hospital as a result of the carbon monoxide leak that occurred Sunday night at 112 Washington Ave. 

Authorities say six units were involved in the leak, which occurred just before 9 p.m. causing an evacuation of the whole building. Five people were inside at the time of the incident.

Endicott Fire Department Captain Robert Flynn said the leak was caused from a failure in the heating unit. 

The building has since been condemned. 

Flynn said there is currently no immediate threat to the public. 

The investigation into the incident is ongoing. 

-----

ORIGINAL STORY - November 10, 2019 

Endicott Police and Fire Department responded to a call for a possible carbon monoxide leak at 122 Washington Avenue in Endicott just before 9 pm Sunday night.

NYSEG was also on the scene. 

Endicott Police told Fox 40 two victims were taken to area hospitals. The status of the victims is unknown. 

The investigation is still ongoing.