Jobs and Internships
From time to time it is necessary for us to take on new employees. These positions can either be part or full time depending on the specifics of the role. Click here to view the most recent EEO Public File Report.
Below is a list of all currently available jobs.
FOX 40 currently has several positions available:
(Posted: November 12, 2019)
FOX 40 News, WICZ-TV, a division of Stainless Broadcasting, LLC., is looking for a journalist with excellent news judgment and writing skills to become our next weekend anchor/MMJ. We are looking for candidates experienced in using sound, video, text, photographs, standups to convey information.
If selected for this position, you will:
- Produce and anchor the weekend 10 p.m. news
- Oversee and motivate a small weekend staff to help you produce great content.
- Go live for the 6 and 10 p.m. weekday news.
- Be experienced in sourcing information and reporting on deadline.
- Be able to enterprise stories, build on and develop assigned stories in the field.
- Work with the desk and news staff to break and advance the stories across multiple platforms.
- Strong and engaging news writing
- Energetic delivery and relatable presence
- Deadline driven
- Social media savvy
- Flexible schedule (evening and/or weekend hours are required)
4-year-degree in journalism or English preferred
At least one year working in a commercial tv newsroom
If you fit the qualifications and believe you are the best candidate for the job, please rush your resume and link to reel to Suh Neubauer at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls!
Advertising Sales Specialist
We are seeking an Advertising Sales Specialist that will be responsible for managing existing and seeking and establishing new partnerships with small and large local, regional and national accounts. This position is an outside sales position with uncapped commission, full benefits, and a competitive base salary.
We are a media company that includes television and a full service digital advertising agency. We strive to continuously evolve, adapt and be on the leading edge of new technologies and strategies. Digital products and services include display, social, video, OTT, SEO, SEM, website development and much more.
Our comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), 100% paid life, FSA accounts and other perks that come with our current office location.
- Seeking potential clients via cold-calling local, regional and national accounts and in-person visits around the greater Binghamton area.
- A continuous follow-up to build strong relationships and management of accounts
- Ability to listen to our clients’ needs and develop campaigns that help their business achieve their goals
- Build proposals with accurate pricing and value to clients and complete the full-cycle sale
- Thrives off individual and team successes
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Positive attitude, excellent social skills, and desire to excel
- Work in a fast-paced sales environment
- Persistence and able to handle rejection
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated by the opportunity to be part of a fast moving, entrepreneurial team
- Tech savvy, with working experience with Google and/or Microsoft Office suite
- Candidates must be self-motivated, creative and must have a passion for business and helping others
Please send Resume to:
Attn: Jeff Horn
4600 Vestal Pky East
Vestal, NY, 13850
or email us your resume here.
We always accept resumes even if no positions are currently available. Resumes are kept on file and in the event a job opening becomes available they will be reviewed at that time. Please send your resume with the attn: to the appropriate dept below.
FOX 40 WICZ TV
4600 Vestal Parkway
Vestal NY 13850
General Sales Manager - Wayne Gordon
News Director - Suh Neubauer
|Digital Director - Jeff Horn |
email | 607-770-4040 x320
|General Inquiries - Vern Rowlands |
email | 607-770-4040 x314
We offer internships year-round (Fall, Winter, Summer, & Spring Semesters). Interns will assist with the the production of the 10 o'clock evening broadcast. Duties will range from (but are not limited to) assisting / shadowing reporters with field and inhouse work, filing, data input and research for pursuing stories.
Students must receive credit for the internship through an accredited college or university. Must be at least a Sophomore to apply.
If you are interested in an internship please submit the following application.
FOX 40 WICZ TV is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If your community group or organization disseminates employment information to its members or to the general public, and you would like to be notified for each full-time opening at WICZ, please send your organization’s name, mailing address, phone and fax numbers, contact person’s name, and the contact’s email address to Vernon Rowlands at email@example.com. If you only want to receive notices for specific categories of employment, please list those in the email.
Most Popular Videos
Creating Success: A New Berlin Paint Company That Continues To Leave Their Mark
JUNGLE BELLS: Animal Adventure Park Lights Up For Holiday Season
Binghamton could potentially lose professional baseball, thanks to MLB Commissioner
Susquehanna Valley, Chenango Forks both return to State-Semi's at C-NS.
Local Church Celebrates 25 Years of Accepting LGBTQ Congregation
M-E Sophomore Swimmer Making Waves
Santa Jam Supports Broome County Toys for Tots
Weather @ 10pm - 11/17/19
The Eaton House: Wealth, Medicine, And Underground Secrets
Section 4 Football to See Major Changes in 2020