Jobs and Internships
From time to time it is necessary for us to take on new employees. These positions can either be part or full time depending on the specifics of the role. Click here to view the most recent EEO Public File Report.
Below is a list of all currently available jobs.
FOX 40 News, WICZ-TV, a division of Stainless Broadcasting, LLC. is looking for a journalist with strong communication and leadership skills. You will be the lead anchor of our 10:00 p.m. news as well as a leader in our newsroom.
We are looking for someone with the following skills who thrives in a team environment:
- Write, shoot, edit and produce content for multiple platforms
- Work well under pressure and meet daily deadlines
- Work with reporters, editors and other staff on copy for web and broadcast
- Report live across multiple platforms using LiveU
- Exercise strong news and editorial judgment
- Strong understanding of social media
- Operate a company vehicle to assignments
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Candidate must be polished, professional and personable
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel law
- Must be flexible with schedule and hours
Email your cover letter, link to your reel, resume and references to Suh Neubauer, email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls.
FOX 40 News, WICZ-TV, a division of Stainless Broadcasting, LLC., is looking for a journalist with excellent news judgment and news gathering skills to manage our assignment desk. We are located in beautiful upstate New York. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of the Southern Tier and the Binghamton area. This is a full-time position.
If selected for this position, you will:
- Help oversee day-to-day news coverage
- Develop contacts and generate story ideas
- Delegate stories to reporters and other members of news staff
- Work with reporters, producers and staff to advance stories for digital, broadcast and social media.
- Interview, hire and manage scheduling for interns
- Work with news management on staff scheduling
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to Suh Neubauer, News Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We always accept resumes even if no positions are currently available. Resumes are kept on file and in the event a job opening becomes available they will be reviewed at that time. Please send your resume with the attn: to the appropriate dept below.
FOX 40 WICZ TV
4600 Vestal Parkway
Vestal NY 13850
General Sales Manager - Wayne Gordon
News Director - Suh Neubauer
|Digital Director - Jeff Horn |
email | 607-770-4040 x320
|General Inquiries - Vern Rowlands |
email | 607-770-4040 x314
We offer internships year-round (Fall, Winter, Summer, & Spring Semesters). Interns will assist with the the production of the 10 o'clock evening broadcast. Duties will range from (but are not limited to) assisting / shadowing reporters with field and inhouse work, filing, data input and research for pursuing stories.
Students must receive credit for the internship through an accredited college or university. Must be at least a Sophomore to apply.
If you are interested in an internship please submit the following application.
FOX 40 WICZ TV is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If your community group or organization disseminates employment information to its members or to the general public, and you would like to be notified for each full-time opening at WICZ, please send your organization’s name, mailing address, phone and fax numbers, contact person’s name, and the contact’s email address to Vernon Rowlands at email@example.com. If you only want to receive notices for specific categories of employment, please list those in the email.
Most Popular Videos
Vestal Bus Driver Retires After 56 Years on the Job
Worker Dead at Weitsman Facility - Struck by Machinery
Five Guys Prepares for Re-Grand Opening
Pair of Local High Schools Kick Off Graduation Weekend
Environmentalist Call on Governor Cuomo to Halt Fenton Natural Gas Compressor Station
Catering Company Owned By Binghamton Mayor Fined for Health Violation
Faerie Festival: Where Magic and Make-Believe Runs Wild
Hometown Heroes - Good Samaritan Award
Town of Fenton Residents Protest Compressor Station
Binghamton Woman Wrongfully Convicted in her Sons Death