The Owego Fire Squad managed to save a home that caught fire today.
The three alarm fire was caused by a stove that had been pulled away from a wall, breaking a line at 405 Front Street in Owego. The fire department was nearby at the the time and were able to respond in minutes. The entire structure was saved from what firefighters say could have been a deadly situation. They turned the gas and electric lines off in the house and were able to fight the fire with a fire extinguisher.
A possible domestic disturbance has lead to an armed standoff in Sayre, Pennsylvania.
Police have been negotiating since this morning with a man in a home on Packer Avenue. Authorities have referred to the man as "Justin". Sayre police say this is not a hostage situation and that police haven't yet made contact with the person inside.
They are also waiting for New York State Police for help with entry into the building. Police say they don't believe that there are any injuries. we spoke... more
Hundreds Run to Honor Fallen Woman VIEW VIDEO
And before Spiedie Festivities took place, this morning hundreds took to Otsiningo Park to run in honor of a Broome County woman who passed away unexpectedly.
The Kelly LaBare 5K has been held... more