Crews Work to Fix Gas Leak in Vestal
12/5/2013 (Updated 11:12:36 PM)The Vestal Fire Department was hard at work Thursday morning after a gas leak was reported.
They say it happened at Westminster Garden on Old Vestal Road when a contracted company Tri-County Auger Pole hit a three inch main line underground.
Old Vestal Road was closed from Bunn Hill Road to Jensen Road to avoid any serious accidents.
"Well you have explosions for one which is why we're trying to keep all of the vehicles away from the fumes. The smell of it would get people nauseated especially for people who live relatively close by to the units," said Rich Devine a Firefighter for the Vestal Fire Department.
Crews worked into the afternoon to fix the leak.
blog comments powered by Disqus
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .