Halls Haunted Once Again for Charity
10/11/2013 (Updated 10:49:52 PM)The Southern Tier Independence Center's largest fundraiser comes with quite the scare.
The Haunted Halls of Horror started Friday night in Binghamton and organizers say that this year is better than ever.
The Haunted House has been expanded to 14,000 square feet of sheer terror, starting off with a new "hellevator ride", and contents from the Boardwalk Zombie House from Ocean City.
Organizers even traveled to Philadelphia for a three day training course on fire safety, haunt management, prosthetics, makeup, and organization. Preparations started back on November 1st.
"We were given a home in the basement where we can work on this thing all year. So it really provides us with an opportunity to step things up to a level that a lot of people don't see in this area," said Todd Fedyshyn the Media Specialist.
"It's nice that it's indoors and we're not fighting the elements," said Bill Barlow the Director of Development.
Last year, the Southern Tier Independence Center raised $33,000 and had 2,500 people go through the Haunted Halls of Horror. They hope for 4,000 fearless folks, who like being scared, this year.
View Related Articles:
Binghamton or comment on this one below.
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .