Candle Cause of Endicott Apartment Fire that Killed Dog
10/2/2013 (Updated 8:37:09 PM)Fire officials confirm it was a candle that caused a house fire in Endicott Tuesday night destroying an apartment and killing a dog.
According to Endicott Fire Chief Joseph Griswold crews responded to smoke coming out the top floor of 304 Adams Avenue just after 10:00 Tuesday night.
No one was home at the time besides a dog described as a retriever mix. Town of Union EMS responders attempted for 35 minutes to resuscitate the dog.
Arrangements were being made for the dog to be transported for emergency care to a veterinarian but according to responders on scene the owner did not want it to be transported, and the dog died at the scene.
Griswold said utilities had been disconnected at the house, and a generator was used on the bottom floor of the home to supply electricity, but it was not on at the time of the fire.
The fire was concentrated to the top floor of the apartment. Endicott, Endwell and Union Center Fire companies responded to the scene.
blog comments powered by Disqus
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
FOX 40 Poll
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .