Print Print Article | Close Close Window

Binghamton Neighborhood Evacuates after Gas Leak

A Binghamton neighborhood was forced to evacuate there homes after gas meter leak. According to the Binghamton fire chief the incident happened just before 6pm at 54 Felters road.

The chief said the meter on the side of the home broke and was  spewing out natural gas. The fire department was not able to stop the leak until NYSEG arrived. Residents returned to their homes about twenty minutes later.

Four homes were evacuated. No one was injured. The Binghamton police were also on the scene.

View Related Articles: Binghamton, Broome County or comment on this one below.

blog comments powered by Disqus




News system programming and website hosting by EFX internet  EFX internet


FOX 40 WICZ TV