Print Print Article | Close Close Window

Crews Work to Fix Gas Leak in Vestal

The Vestal Fire Department was hard at work Thursday morning after a gas leak was reported. 

They say it happened at Westminster Garden on Old Vestal Road when a contracted company Tri-County Auger Pole hit a three inch main line underground.

Old Vestal Road was closed from Bunn Hill Road to Jensen Road to avoid any serious accidents. 

"Well you have explosions for one which is why we're trying to keep all of the vehicles away from the fumes. The smell of it would get people nauseated especially for people who live relatively close by to the units," said Rich Devine a Firefighter for the Vestal Fire Department.

Crews worked into the afternoon to fix the leak.

View Related Articles: Broome County, Vestal or comment on this one below.

blog comments powered by Disqus




Binghamton web design and website hosting by EFX internet  EFX internet


FOX 40 WICZ TV