BU Men's Tennis season ends with 4-0 loss to Georgia
5/10/2013 (Updated 6:30:16 PM)ATHENS, Ga. - No. 2 Georgia (23-4) captured the doubles point and won the first three completed singles matches to topple Binghamton mens tennis (16-10) Friday afternoon at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex. The loss ends BUs championship season, which included the programs sixth consecutive America East title and ninth NCAA berth in the last 11 years.
The host Bulldogs, reigning SEC champions, were making their 35th overall appearance in the NCAA tournament and 30th straight. Georgia reached the NCAA quarterfinals in 2012, and has reached the finals in three of the last seven seasons.
No. 2 Georgia 4, Binghamton 0
1. #5 Hernus Pieters/Ben Wagland (UGA) def. Bastian Bornkessel/Sid Hazarika (BU), 8-1
2. #15 Garrett Brasseaux/Nathan Pasha (UGA) def. Ruben Haggai/Eliott Hureau (BU), 8-4
3. Eric Diaz/Marco Nunez (UGA) vs. Ismael Dinia/Robin Lesage (BU), 7-4, unfinished
Order of finish: 1,2
1. #33 Ben Wagland (UGA) def. Sid Hazarika (BU), 6-1, 6-2
2. #47 Nathan Pasha (UGA) vs. Alexander Maisin (BU), 6-2, 4-3, unfinished
3. Austin Smith (UGA) def. Robin Lesage (BU), 6-2, 6-2
4. #115 Hernus Pieters (UGA) vs. Ismael Dinia (BU), 6-3, 4-2, unfinished
5. Garrett Brasseaux (UGA) vs. Ruben Haggai (BU), 6-2,5-3, unfinished
6. Marco Nunez (UGA) def. Eliott Hureau (BU), 6-3, 6-2
Order of finish: 1,6,3*
blog comments powered by Disqus