Chenango County Business Clerk Arrested During Underage Drinking Detail
One person was arrested during a state police underage drinking initiative in Chenango and Otsego Counties.
The initiative occurred on May 28th. Retail establishments are checked using a trooper in plain clothes and one or more underage operative(s).
These underage operatives cannot lie about their age or give a fake date of birth if asked and they must provide their real IDs.
A clerk at a Smithville Flats, Chenango County business on State Highway 41 sold alcohol to a minor. They were issued an appearance ticket.
The following businesses were in compliance:
- South Otselic Store, State Highway 26, South Otselic, NY
- Byrne Dairy, East Main Street, Norwich, NY
- Denny’s Wine & Liquors, Mitchell Street, Norwich, NY
- Stewart’s Shop, North Canal Street, Oxford, NY
- Mirabito, North Canal Street, Oxford, NY
- Ye Olde Shanty, South Canal Street, Oxford, NY
- Greene Spirits Liquor Store, Matteson Street, Greene, NY
- Miraito, Genesee Street, Greene, NY
- Sunoco/USA Mini Mart, State Highway 12, Greene, NY
- Mirabito, South Broad Street, Morris, NY