• Home


Trailer Home A Total Loss After Fire Early Monday Morning

Posted: Updated:

Shortly after 7:00 AM this morning, responders from three different agencies put out the blaze at 100 S Main Street in Newark Valley. 

Officials say the cause of the fire came from a tangled up extension cord on the outside of the property which overheated, sparked, and caught the trailer on fire.

The fire itself was put out rather quickly, however, the damage from the smoke had completely destroyed the rest of the trailer. 

The owners of the trailer say it has been vacant since the spring of this year, so luckily no one was injured or seriously hurt from the blaze.