Travel Advisory for Binghamton Commuters Starting TomorrowPosted: Updated:
Travel advisory for the City of Binghamton due to the Prospect Mountain Construction starting tomorrow, September 9th.
Two parts of I-81 North/NY 17 West will be reduced to one lane:
- Between Exit 4 S/N (Binghamton/Port Dickinson) and Broad Avenue. (Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm and Friday 9am-noon)
- Between Exit 3 (Broad Ave.) and Exit 4A (Binghamton/Port Dickinson.) (Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm and Friday 9am-noon)
Several weather-dependent, alternating lane closures:
- On NY 7 North, between Robinson and Bevier Streets. (Monday-Friday 7am-3pm)
- On NY 7 North, between Bevier and Frederick Streets. (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
- On Front Street, between Prospect and Bevier Streets. (Monday-Friday 7am-5pm)
- On Broad Avenue, between Abbott and Bevier Streets. (Monday-Friday 7am-5pm)
- On Bevier Street, between Chenango Street and Broad Avenue. (Monday-Friday 7am-5pm)
Also, the Exit 3 (broad Ave.) ramp will be closed off of 1-81 North/NY 17 West. Traffic will be detoured to Exit 4A (Binghamton/Port Dickinson.) (Thursday-Friday 7am-5pm)
Motorists are reminded that fines are doubled for work zone infractions.