• Home

Police Charge Connecticut Man In Binghamton Drive-By Shooting

Posted: Updated:
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. -

A Connecticut man has been charged with attempted murder in connection to a shooting in Binghamton last month.

On Wednesday, Binghamton Police said they arrested Antonio M. Jones, 19, of Taftville, CT, Tuesday night and have charged him for his role in the drive-by shooting at 66 Chenango Street.

On March 17th, it is alleged Jones and another individual drove next to a parked vehicle and began firing shots from a handgun towards it.

Police said the parked vehicle was being occupied by a 19-year old Johnson City woman and a man.

According to police, Jones was targeting the male occupant sitting in the parked car, but his rounds missed him and struck the female passenger instead. 

The 19-year old woman sustained a non-life threatening gunshot wound, which police say she is still recovering from. 

Jones was taken into custody on Edwards St on the city's west side Tuesday night when a police officer spotted and recognized him as a suspect wanted in this shooting.

Jones is being charged with Attempted Murder in the second degree and Assault in the second degree. 

Authorities say they are pursuing additional suspects believed to be involved in this incident. 

The investigation is ongoing and police urge anyone with information to call the Binghamton Police Detectives Bureau at 607-772-7080.