Championships Set after High School Baseball State SemifinalsPosted: Updated:
One more game remains for ten high school baseball teams after the Semifinal Round wrapped up, Friday. After months of baseball, the NYSPHSAA Championships are set for Saturday, and these are the teams who will be representing their Sections for a NY State Title.
- Massapequa - 5 def. Horseheads - 1 Final
- Baker - 7 def. Victor - 4 Final
- Lakeland - 5 def. Wantagh - 3 Final
- Queensbury - 3 def. Canandaigua Academy - 1 Final
- Center Moriches - 4 def. Albany Academy for Boys - 0 Final
- Seton Catholic - 7 def. Royalton-Hartland - 1 Final
- Ticonderoga - 6 def. East Rockaway - 1 Final
- Avon - 1 def. Lansing - 0 Final
- Fort Plain - 8 def. Madrid-Waddington - 2 Final
- Deposit-Hancock - 3 def. Brocton - 0 Final
Seton's pitcher, Mason Vaughn, earned the complete-game victory, allowing only 1 run off a Ram's homer. Vaughn also scored a near-inside the park homerun, grabbing a triple and scoring the run on a throwing error.
Deposit's Luke Resti settles for a one-hitter, in the 3-0 victory over Brocton.
Only two teams remain in contention for a Championship, from Section IV Baseball.
Massapequa will play Baker for the Class AA Championship at Binghamton University, Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
Lakeland will play Queensbury for the Class A Championship at NYSEG Stadium, Saturday at 4:00 p.m.
Center Moriches will play Seton Catholic for the Class B Championship at NYSEG Stadium, Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
Ticonderoga will play Avon for the Class C Championship at NYSEG Stadium, Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
Fort Plain will play Deposit-Hancock for the Class D Championship at Binghamton University, Saturday at 10:00 a.m.