NY State High School Basketball ChampionshipsPosted: Updated:
The day is finally here -- New York State boy's high school basketball teams earned a state title, Saturday, competing against the best of the Sectional teams to be called "Champions" in front of thousands of fans at the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena.
Here are your results:
Boy's Class B State Championship
- Mekeel Christian Academy - 42 def. Seton Catholic Central - 37 Final
Boy's Class C State Championship
- Lake George - 66 def. Northstar Christian Academy - 65 Final
Boy's Class D State Championship
- Buffalo East - 74 def. Moriah - 61 Overtime
Also, in Class AA and A, Saturday was their quarterfinal matchups.
Boy's Class AA State Finals
- Liverpool - 70 def. Mt. Vernon - 67 Final
- Half Hollow Hills East - 82 def. McQuaid Jesuit - 66 Final
Liverpool will face Half Hollow Hills East, tomorrow at 2:00 p.m., at the Arena for the Class AA Championship.
Boy's Class A State Finals
- Amityville - 52 def. Irondequoit - 42 Final
- Bardsley - 61 def. Mohonasen - 56 Final
Bardsley will look to play against Amityville, tomorrow at 12:00 p.m., at the Arena for the Class A Championship
In the win over Irondequoit, Warriors' Josh Serrano led his team with 22 points, most of which was scored in the fourth quarter.
Liverpool's Alan Willmes Jr. was sensational on the court, Saturday. He netted a game-high 21 points in the win over #1 ranked Mt. Vernon.
Buffalo East's win snaps Moriah's 45-game-winstreak.
Mekeel Christian Academy won their first-ever State Championship, with the win over Seton Catholic.