• Home

Update: Faulty Outlet Causes House Fire In Owego

Posted: Updated:
OWEGO, NY -

The Owego Fire Department said Tuesday that a faulty outlet was the cause of a Saturday morning house fire on George Street.

The blaze started just after 10:30 a.m. on the second floor apartment from an outlet that a refrigerator was plugged into.

Residents of both apartments were home at the time, but no one was injured.

People on scene told Fox 40 that flames engulfed the second floor porch of the home, and spread quickly into an attic crawl space and onto the roof.

Neighbors said an Owego police officer was first on scene, helping residents evacuate the building.