• Home

Electrical Fire Displaces Families in Owego

Posted:
By FOX 40 Staff.
All the residents are safe after an apartment fire in Owego early Thursday morning.

Flames were seen coming from the first floor of the building sometime after midnight on 388 Main St. All the occupants were able to make it out safely.

Assistant Fire Chief of the Owego Fire Department Jim Morris says this was an electrical fire. Morris continued and said that some apartments may be salvageable, though the building appears to be a loss. All residents are currently displaced.

Officials also say this fire was contained within an hour.