• Home

Court Street Gas Leaks Resolved

Posted:
By Alex Howard.
Several buildings in downtown Binghamton were evacuated Monday morning after a gas leak near Court Street. Several hours later, the Binghamton Fire Department confirmed that the leaks have been resolved, and the buildings are safe to enter.

First responders and NYSEG crews responded to reports of two different gas leaks near Galaxy Brewing Company and Ellis Brothers Furniture after 9 am Monday. Surrounding buildings were also evacuated.

Galaxy Brewing Company, among the other buildings with reported gas odors, were ventilated while crews began to search for the source of the leak. Officials at the scene said that there was a low risk of explosion, but precautionary measures were taken.

Businesses reopened later in the afternoon, once the leaks were plugged and gas reading returned to normal levels.