• Home

Small Fire in Vestal Brings About Safety Tips From the Authorities

Posted:
Late this afternoon, Fox 40 received scanner reports of a house fire on Lauderdale Avenue in Vestal.

But when firefighters arrived, they found that the blaze was in an oven. It was put out quickly. It appears the homeowner was storing cereal boxes and other items in the oven, forgot and turned it on. This brought about fire safety tips from the authorities.

Asst. Chief of Vestal Fire Department Douglas Rose says, "It's probably not a good idea to store things in the oven and make sure they're moved before you turn it on. Make sure your smoke detectors work and do like this homeowner and immediately call 911 and get out of the house."

No one was injured in this small fire.