Simmons-Rockwell Ford Plays of the Week
4th and Goal
Spotlight in Sports
Penn State Football
Binghamton Rumble Ponies
Dick's Sporting Goods Open
School Closings & Delays
FOX 40 Arts Calendar
United Way Campaign
Winery Show - Destination: Cayuga Lake
Submit an Event
Meet The Team
Jobs and Internships
Checkered Flag Challenge 2017
A Chorus Line Valentine's Day Giveaway
Binghamton Devils Giveaway
Mick's Half Off
Bid 2 Buy
The Clubhouse Card
Conklin Kitchen Catches Fire After Resident Falls Asleep
Sunday, October 4, 2015 11:02 PM EDT
Fire crews were called to a home in Conklin last night after reports of a house fire.
Crews said the fire was caused by cooking.
A neighbor told said the person in the home had fallen asleep with the stove on.
"There was something on the stove cooking I believe and the flames got too high and started the fire," said Kelley Stewart, "The gentleman there had fallen asleep and didn't hear it."
Fire crews said only one person was at home at the time of the fire and they were not harmed.
Crews also said only minor damage was done to the kitchen.