• Home

Windsor Woman Dies in Mobile Home Fire

Posted:
By Fox 40 Staff.
A Town of Windsor woman has died after her mobile home caught fire at 3:30 Monday morning.

53-year-old Frances White was found inside her bedroom in the back of the home located at 256 Old Route 17. When firefighters responded to the 911 call reporting a mobile home trailer fire with possible entrapment, they found the home fully engulfed.

Due to the extent of the fire they were unable to perform a rescue. Another person in the home, 71-year-old Pearly Clapper, was able to escape. He was taken to wilson hospital for evaluation.

Investigators say an overloaded power strip caused the blaze. An autopsy determined white died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Investigators say there were no working smoke detectors in the home at the time of the fire.