• Home

Crews Respond to Norwich House Fire

Posted:
Fire officials say a lint filled dryer vent is the cause of a housefire in Norwich Friday night.

Four agencies including Norwich, North Norwich, Oxford and Chenango County Fire Departments responded to a house fire on 110 Randall Ave yesterday in Norwich.

Crews arrived on scene just after 4:20 p.m. and it took crews about 45 minutes to put out the blaze.

The Norwich fire chief says the home suffers from significant smoke and water damage, but is salvageable.

No one was injured.

Fire officials do advise residents to clear out lint tubes, not just lint traps, at least three times per year as they can become highly flammable.