100 Years Ago Today
Penn State Football
Binghamton Rumble Ponies
Dick's Sporting Goods Open
Simmons-Rockwell Ford Plays of the Week
School Closings & Delays
FOX 40 Arts Calendar
United Way Campaign
Destination: Cayuga Lake Attractions
Submit an Event
Meet The Team
Jobs and Internships
Checkered Flag Challenge 2018
The Links at FOX 40!
Savor the Summer Ticket Giveaway
Big League Challenge 2018
Mick's Half Off
Bid 2 Buy
The Clubhouse Card
Crews Respond to Norwich House Fire
Monday, June 8, 2015 12:10 PM EDT
Fire officials say a lint filled dryer vent is the cause of a housefire in Norwich Friday night.
Four agencies including Norwich, North Norwich, Oxford and Chenango County Fire Departments responded to a house fire on 110 Randall Ave yesterday in Norwich.
Crews arrived on scene just after 4:20 p.m. and it took crews about 45 minutes to put out the blaze.
The Norwich fire chief says the home suffers from significant smoke and water damage, but is salvageable.
No one was injured.
Fire officials do advise residents to clear out lint tubes, not just lint traps, at least three times per year as they can become highly flammable.