• Home

American Legion to Host Annual Veterans Walk and 5k This Weekend

Posted:
This Sunday the American Legion Post 1194 on West Service Road in Binghamton will hold it's Annual Veterans Walk and 5k.

Finance officer Hugh Becker says that this is one of the posts largest fund raisers.

He says the money will goes towards scholarships for local schools, their American Legion baseball team for kids, and most importantly helping veterans in need.

"We had veterans who weren't going to be able to put food on the table because of the cost of their medication. 1% of the population defends the freedom of the other 99% and we're here to take care of those folks," said Hugh Becker, Finance Officer of Post 1194.

The Veterans Walk and 5k starts at 1 PM on Sunday at Post 1194 on West Service Road.

If you're interested in donating or finding out more you can call 607-348-5482.