• Home

Endicott Fire Department Responds to Apartment Fire

Posted:
Some residents are left without a home after an apartment catches fire in the Village of Endicott Sunday morning.

Endicott fire officials responded to a blaze just before 9:30 Sunday morning at 1901 Tracy Street. Responding agencies included Endicott, West Corners, Endwell fire and Union Center.

Officials say the fire started in the bedroom of the first floor, and does not appear to be suspicious. The tenant however says although her home items were destroyed she's glad everyone made it out safely.

"My baby was on the bed when the bed caught fire, so just get them out of there, make sure they're good, that's it, I didn't think of anything else," said resident Nahkeysha Holland, "that me and my kids made it out alive, I'm grateful."

"There were people on the second floor who were not aware that there was a fire and we initially deployed a crew to the second floor to remove those people. So fortunately everyone got out. A couple of people have been displaced for some time, but fortunately there were no serious injuries," said Captain of the Endicott Fire Department Paul Higgins.

The residents are being assisted by the Red Cross. The investigation is ongoing.