• Home

Family Escapes House Fire in Port Crane

Posted:
Crews respond to a house fire in Port Crane Monday evening.


Four agencies arrived on scene just before 8:00 p.m. Monday at a home on Route 369.

Port Crane fire officials say the fire broke out on the second floor of the home while one of the residents was asleep inside.

The fire was under control quickly, however, fire officials stress the importance of a working smoke detector -- which they say helped the residents escape the blaze.

Tom Sheridan, Chief, Port Crane Fire Department said, "A working smoke detector activated and was able to alert the people that were home at the time that there was a problem up on the second floor and everyone was able to get out without injury, which proves that smoke detectors do save lives and its important to have a working smoke detector."

Crews contained the fire to the upstairs bedroom where they believe the fire started. No word on the official cause but fire officials say they believe it was electrical.

No one was hurt.