100 Years Ago Today
Penn State Football
Binghamton Rumble Ponies
Dick's Sporting Goods Open
Simmons-Rockwell Ford Plays of the Week
School Closings & Delays
United Way Campaign
Destination: Cayuga Lake Attractions
Submit an Event
Meet The Team
Jobs and Internships
Holiday Helping Hand
Binghamton Philharmonic presents: Video Games Live Giveaway
Binghamton Devils Giveaway
Checkered Flag Challenge 2018
Bid 2 Buy
FOX 40 Half Off Deals
Dog Starts Endwell Apartment Home Fire
Saturday, April 18, 2015 10:48 PM EDT
Endwell fire officials say a family dog started a fire inside an apartment in the Town of Union Friday night.
Endwell fire officials responded to a fire at 17 Barteau Street in the Town of Union.
Endwell fire chief Winchell says a box was left on the stove and the dog accidentally turned the knob on the stove and ignited the fire.
Endicott, Union Center Fire and Union Ambulance responded.
Officials arrived on scene around 10:45 and had the fire under control in nine minutes.
Endwell Fire Department located the unconscious dog on the second floor of the apartment and resuscitated the dog on scene.
No one was injured in that fire.