• Home

Vestal House Fire Destroys Home

Posted:
A Vestal home is unlivable after it caught fire at around 2:30pm Monday afternoon.

The Vestal Fire Department showed up to 201 Avelon Drive after a person at the home called 9-1-1.

When firefighters arrived smoke was coming from the attic.

The fire started in the kitchen and rose to the attic where the first responders took care of the flames at the single story brick home.

"Definitely when you have colder weather it's more challenging for the guys, the trucks, and the equipment. The colder weather does make it more challenging to get the job done but we had enough people to knock it down and stop it," said Vestal Fire Chief David Harrington.

While the family will have to relocate there were no injuries in the fire.