• Home

Endicott House Fire Caused by Christmas Decorations

Posted:
Fire officials say a blaze last night in the Village of Endicott was caused by electrical cords from Christmas decorations plugged into a power strip.

The blaze at 8 South Duane Avenue began around 5:30 last night. Three children and one adult were in the home when the first floor caught fire but all were evacuated safely. Multiple crews responded to the three-alarm fire. Initial crews on the scene had to wait for additional manpower before safely attacking the fire.