Propane Tank Explosion Destroys Home
1/18/2014 (Updated 10:45:56 PM)A home in Owego is destroyed after a propane tank explosion. The incident happened just after four thirty Saturday afternoon. The South Side fire department responded to
4517 Montrose Turnpike for a vehicle fire. The car with two propane tanks in it was parked outside of the home. The blaze quickly spread to the residence.
The South Side fire chief said a man in his eighties and his dog were home at the time. They both made it out safe. It took four local fire departments nearly three hours to fight the fire.
Officials say the home is a total loss.
blog comments powered by Disqus
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .