A Binghamton neighborhood was forced to evacuate there homes after gas meter leak. According to the Binghamton fire chief the incident happened just before 6pm at 54 Felters road.
The chief said the meter on the side of the home broke and was spewing out natural gas. The fire department was not able to stop the leak until NYSEG arrived. Residents returned to their homes about twenty minutes later.
Four homes were evacuated. No one was injured. The Binghamton police were also on the scene.
Going Bald for Charity VIEW VIDEO
Dozens shaved their heads for the 4th annual St. Baldrick's Day event Sunday in Candor. It raises money for pediatric cancer research, a cause that participants say they will do anything to support,... more
Pennsylvania Attempted Homicide VIEW VIDEO
A search is underway after a Rochester man was shot in an attempted homicide in Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
State police responded to Fred's Gentleman's Club in Tioga Township just after 5:30... more
Babysitter Training Class VIEW VIDEO
It can be a struggle to find a babysitter that fits your child's personality. And even harder to find one that's well qualified.
The Red Cross offers a class that can help set some parents at... more
Local Homebuyers Clinic VIEW VIDEO
Trying to buy a house? Don't know what to look for? Local home buyer experts are here to help.
The Binghamton Homeownership Academy is hosting Saturday classes throughout March for first time... more
Weekly Cosmos Breakdown VIEW VIDEO
Roy Williams, an educator from Kopernik Observatory and Science Center joined Fox 40 to break down exactly what we saw on Sunday's premiere of Fox's new show, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey.