Protecting Your Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
11/18/2013 (Updated 10:58:52 PM)As temperatures cool, it's important to protect yourself from a silent killer, carbon monoxide.
NYSEG employees are urging people to use carbon monoxide detectors and check their heating systems and chimney's.
It's also important to never use generators indoors or near an open window where the exhaust can travel in. You should also never use a natural gas stove or a charcoal grill as an indoor heat source.
"Carbon Monoxide is a byproduct of incomplete combustion. It's odorless, it's colorless and it can cause very serious flu symptoms and in higher concentrations it can even cause death," said Clayton Ellis the Manager of Corporate Communications at NYSEG.
For more information you can visit NYSEG.com.
blog comments powered by Disqus
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .