Cigarette Cause of Eldridge Street Fire
10/8/2013 (Updated 10:30:11 PM)The Binghamton Fire Department has ruled the fire on 121 Eldridge Street last weekend accidental and caused by smoking.
Officials say a cigarette caused a mattress to catch on fire which caused the rest of the two family home to go up in flames.
Binghamton Fire Department was on scene Tuesday afternoon assessing the damage specifically where the porch was once standing.
A firefighter suffered minor injuries when the porch roof collapsed, but he has since returned to work.
The fire happened just before 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
blog comments powered by Disqus
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
FOX 40 Poll
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .