UPDATE: House Explosion in Horseheads Not an Accident
6/13/2013 (Updated 10:35:05 PM)It was no accident.
Fox 40 News has learned that the natural gas explosion that ripped through a Horseheads residence was not caused by faulty or malfunctioning equipment inside or outside the house, but by the actions of a resident of the house.
WENY-TV, which provided this video, reports that the explosion occurred around 8 pm last night.
The home is located at 3052 Camden Avenue in Horseheads.
Police say that 36 year old Brien Marr who is a resident of the home and who was the only one inside the house at the time of the explosion sustained non-life threatening injuries, and was being treated at a hospital.
State Police are not saying if Marr was the person whose actions led to the explosion.
They do tell us that the investigation is continuing.
NYSEG facilities were ruled out as a potential cause of the incident.
blog comments powered by Disqus
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
FOX 40 Poll
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .