Three Dead in Afton Fire
4/29/2013 (Updated 6:54:45 PM)The mobile home fire in Afton that left three people dead including an eleven year old boy appears to have started accidentally, due to smoking materials.
The fire began late Saturday night. A passerby called in the fire to 911 around twenty of twelve the home at 103 Warren Lane was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
The victims are 45 year old Nathan Herber, 54 year old Anna Ebert, and 11 year old Craig Gohl.
"And I especially feel bad because of the boy he was just starting out his life and now he's gone. I mean that struck home a lot with me and my wife because we have a nine year old boy and they used to play together. It was hard. I still is hard, it's going to be hard for a long time," said neighbor John Price.
Autopsies determined that the causes of death for all three victims were asphyxiation . State police say that was due to carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.
Police were unable to locate any working smoke alarms in the house.
View Related Articles:
Chenango County or comment on this one below.
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
FOX 40 Poll
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .