TOWN OF AFTON -- New York State Police say a late night fire in the Town of Afton has claimed the lives of three people, one an 11-year-old boy.
Police say around 11:30 Saturday night, multiple fire departments responded to a mobile home at 103 Warren Lane. They say the home was engulfed in flames and it took about 40 minutes for firefighters to get the fire under control.
Further investigation found 11-year-old Craig Gohl, 45-year-old Nathan Herbert and 54-year-old Anna Ebert were inside the home at the time of the blaze. Autopsies revealed asphyxiation from smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning caused their deaths.
Officials believe the fire was started by smoking materials near the couch in the living room. They say there were no working smoke alarms in the home.
Going Bald for Charity VIEW VIDEO
Dozens shaved their heads for the 4th annual St. Baldrick's Day event Sunday in Candor. It raises money for pediatric cancer research, a cause that participants say they will do anything to support,... more
Pennsylvania Attempted Homicide VIEW VIDEO
A search is underway after a Rochester man was shot in an attempted homicide in Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
State police responded to Fred's Gentleman's Club in Tioga Township just after 5:30... more
Babysitter Training Class VIEW VIDEO
It can be a struggle to find a babysitter that fits your child's personality. And even harder to find one that's well qualified.
The Red Cross offers a class that can help set some parents at... more
Local Homebuyers Clinic VIEW VIDEO
Trying to buy a house? Don't know what to look for? Local home buyer experts are here to help.
The Binghamton Homeownership Academy is hosting Saturday classes throughout March for first time... more
Weekly Cosmos Breakdown VIEW VIDEO
Roy Williams, an educator from Kopernik Observatory and Science Center joined Fox 40 to break down exactly what we saw on Sunday's premiere of Fox's new show, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey.