Meth Fire in Binghamton Leaves Dozens Homeless
2/25/2013 (Updated 7:12:02 PM)Police say the blaze that has left about 50 people displaced was caused by man who was cooking meth that created an explosion at a Binghamton apartment complex.
36-year-old Daniel Kauchis is charged with Reckless Endangerment in the first degree, and Arson in the fourth degree, both of which are felonies.
Kauchis was able to escape the fire with only minor burns to his leg, face, and hand. But dozens are now homeless, facing uncertain futures.
"I can't say right now. It looks pretty bad though," said Insurance Adjuster, Patrick Dorner.
"I got up and came outside. It really shocked me to see the fire. You know so many people lost, I guess pretty much everything," said neighbor, Michael Smith.
Daniel Kauchis was arraigned in city court and sent to Broome County Jail.
blog comments powered by Disqus
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
FOX 40 Poll
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .