Former County Executive Pushes Governor's Economic Plan
1/10/2013 (Updated 7:31:48 PM)Former Broome County Executive Barbara Fiala returned to the area Thrusday to push the agenda laid out by Governor Cuomo in Wednesday's State of the State Address.
Fiala stressed Cuomo's focus on jump starting upstate's economy.
Among Cuomo's "proposals" creating 10 business incubator hot spots, and bringing three casinos upstate, as a way of drawing downstate tourism dollars to the area, and to keep New York dollars from going to casinos out of state.
"We haven't kept up with the national average or even the rest of New York. So thoughts about bringing tourism, expanding businesses, venture capital. I think that is all very positive," said Fiala.
Cuomo pointed out upstate job development lagged behind the rest of the state in 2012.
He said 90 percent of casino revenue would go toward education with the other 10 percent going toward local tax relief.
Any casinos would be subject to a November referendum.
blog comments powered by Disqus
A News Story
If you are looking for a copy of a news story that we recently aired, simply click here to find out how.
FOX 40 Poll
Do you have a tip or information about a breaking news story? Contact the FOX 40 News Desk at 607.798.0070 or send us an email .