Update On Home Explosion In Corning
8/4/2012 (Updated 11:12:30 PM)Saturday night fire officials in Corning released the official reason for Friday morning's home explosion on Wilson Street that critically injured 2 people.
Corning Fire Chief John Tighe says 86 year old Robert Young and his 38 year old grandson Paul were replacing a hot water tank in the home when they accidentally caused a gas leak.
Tighe says they thought the gas was turned off when they went to use a propane torch to do some soldering. The explosion leveled Young's home and caused serious damage to 3 others and minor damage to over 20 other houses.
Officials say the 2 men are in critical condition at strong hospital in Rochester.
View Related Articles:
NYS or comment on this one below.