Struble Road in Endwell Reopens
6/6/2012 (Updated 7:16:54 PM)A heavily-traveled road in the Town of Union closed since the flood is back open.
Struble Road in Endwell re-opened Wednesday after more than $390,000 in repairs.
The town expects FEMA to reimburse 75 percent of the project with the state picking up the remaining 25 percent.
A new culvert is almost nine times bigger than the old one and is engineered to withstand a 500-year flood.
"With this we're going to have a better flow of our waterway, hopefully. And we won't have that damage or worrying about our residents downstream," said Rose Sotak the acting supervisor for the Town of Union.
The town estimates 1,500 cars, including 15 school buses, traveled the road every day before it was closed.
blog comments powered by Disqus