Print Print Article | Close Close Window

Lightening the Loss of a Grieving Family

The community came together today in Nichols to raise money for a family who lost everything in a fire.

William and Leanna Hulse's four year old son Trent died in a fire that destroyed their home in January.

Friends and members of the community gathered at the Railroad Station Bar and Grill in Nichols today. They organized the benefit to help the Hulse family recover from their losses.

"Just, we know we need to do it. To help them out. We need to get them back on their feet. They're never going to be able to replace their son, but we'll do whatever we can to replace everything else we can," said Carrie Dalfosse, of Nichols, NY.

"They lost everything. And they lost things that cannot be replaced, as everyone knows. I think the community should pull together for anyone this happens to, because it shows what kind of environment we come from," said Tina Brown, of Rome, PA.

There was a bake sale, craft table, auction items, and a 50/50 raffle. One hundred percent of the funds made will go directly to the Hulse family. Organizers say they hope to raise over five thousand dollars.

View Related Articles: Nichols or comment on this one below.

blog comments powered by Disqus




News system programming and website hosting by EFX internet  EFX internet


FOX 40 WICZ TV