Print Print Article | Close Close Window

Propane Tank Explosion Destroys Home

A home in Owego is destroyed after a propane tank explosion. The incident happened just after four thirty Saturday afternoon. The South Side fire department responded to

4517 Montrose Turnpike for a vehicle fire. The car with two propane tanks in it was parked outside of the home. The blaze quickly spread to the residence.

The South Side fire chief said a man in his eighties and his dog were home at the time. They both made it out safe. It took four local fire departments nearly three hours to fight the fire.

Officials say the home is a total loss.

View Related Articles: Owego, Tioga County or comment on this one below.

blog comments powered by Disqus




News system programming and website hosting by EFX internet  EFX internet


FOX 40 WICZ TV