Print Print Article | Close Close Window

Protecting Your Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

As temperatures cool, it's important to protect yourself from a silent  killer, carbon monoxide.

NYSEG employees are urging people to use carbon monoxide detectors and check their heating systems and chimney's.

It's also important to never use generators indoors or near an open window where the exhaust can travel in.  You should also never use a natural gas stove or a charcoal grill as an indoor heat source.
   
"Carbon Monoxide is a byproduct of incomplete combustion. It's odorless, it's colorless and it can cause very serious flu symptoms and in higher concentrations it can even cause death," said Clayton Ellis the Manager of Corporate Communications at NYSEG.

For more information you can visit NYSEG.com.

View Related Articles: Broome County, Chenango County, NYS, Tioga County or comment on this one below.

blog comments powered by Disqus




News system programming and website hosting by EFX internet  EFX internet


FOX 40 WICZ TV