Print Print Article | Close Close Window

Cigarette Cause of Eldridge Street Fire

The Binghamton Fire Department has ruled the fire on 121 Eldridge Street last weekend accidental and caused by smoking.

Officials say a cigarette caused a mattress to catch on fire which caused the rest of the two family home to go up in flames.

Binghamton Fire Department was on scene Tuesday afternoon assessing the damage specifically where the porch was once standing.

A firefighter suffered minor injuries when the porch roof collapsed, but he has since returned to work.

The fire happened just before 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning.



View Related Articles: Binghamton, Broome County or comment on this one below.

blog comments powered by Disqus




Binghamton web design and website hosting by EFX internet  EFX internet


FOX 40 WICZ TV