Near Death Experience; Family Escapes House Fire
4/2/2013 (Updated 9:43:03 PM)A Kirkwood family escapes an early morning fire that destroyed their home.
It happened around 2:13am Tuesday morning at 36 service road.
Fire officials say a teenage girl cut her leg while jumping out a window, and her father escaped by using the chimney and then grabbed a ladder for his wife to get out.
The fire believed to have started in the kitchen worked its way upstairs into the attic.
The Broome County Fire Investigator thinks the fire might have been started by a toaster, but no official cause has yet been determined.
West Windsor, Five Mile Point and Kirkwood Fire all responded to the call.
View Related Articles:
Broome County or comment on this one below.