Blaze At Port Crane Home
3/23/2013 (Updated 10:51:09 PM)A morning fire has caused extensive damage to a home in Port Crane.
It happened at 262 Vincent Hill Road around 11:30 on Saturday morning. Firefighters from five different departments were battling the blaze in some very cold weather. Officials say they were able to contain the majority of the fire to the first story and attic sections of the house.
The fire did cause extensive water and smoke damage and the Port Crane First Assistant Chief says one firefighter was injured at the scene.
"As far as we know there is one adult resident at this home and he got out safely. He's being taken care of by the Red Cross. We did have one injury to a firefighter. He was struck by a tool . He has a shoulder and arm injury. He's being taken to the hospital to be checked out and its not a serious injury," said Port Crane 1st Asst. Fire Chief Brett Chellis.
Officials say the fire appears to be accidental and started from a wood burning stove.
View Related Articles:
Binghamton or comment on this one below.