Family Escapes Fire in West Windsor
1/24/2013 (Updated 6:49:04 PM)A fire Thursday morning destroys a home in Windsor.
Four adults and a child escaped the blaze on Riley Road, however three dogs were believed to be killed in the fire, according to the Assistant Fire Chief of West Windsor.
He says the department received call from the homeowner who said he was having problems with the wood stove.
"As you can tell there's nothing left of the house it went up pretty quick. This time of year it's always hard, the cold, wind, limited water supply. It's always a hard thing. The biggest thing is everyone has got to keep safe, everyone has to make sure your chimneys are clean. Make sure you don't have any problem, don't have things stacked up by your wood stove," said First Assistant Chief of West Windsor, Cliff Smalley.
The fire started around 10:00am, near the back of the building and took fire fighters about two hours to get it under control.
View Related Articles:
Broome County or comment on this one below.